Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Celebrating 48 years of James Bond

"EVERYTHING ABOUT BOND IS COOL, EVEN HIS NAME IS COOL"
Today is 48 years to the day since the first 007 movie, Dr No, was released.Starring Sean Connery as the first Bond, it was an instant hit and over the course of 22 films since, Bond has saved the world from numerous bad guys — mad scientists, exspies with grudges and media moguls to name a few. To date, five other actors have played Bond since Connery and each has portrayed the superspy in his own style (Connery with his roguish
smile, Moore with his often comic turn, Craig with a psychot ic edge) though most people con sider Connery to be the best. Everything about Bond is cool, even his name, though Bond creator Ian Fleming wanted the plainest name he could think of (he happened to be reading a bird watcher's book whose author's name was James Bond at the time).To celebrate Bond's 48th onscreen birthday, we asked some celebs to tell us who they think is the best Bond, and why he has such a huge following.
"He is the epitome of cool, I just love Bond. I even had the good luck to meet Bond. My father (Kabir Bedi) acted in a Bond film (Octopussy), so I got to be on the set of the film and also met Roger Moore," says actress Pooja Bedi.
"But I feel Sean Connery is the best Bond ever.
No actor since him has been able to emulate Bond better. What makes Bond so cool, I think, is his charm and that suave and sophistication that is associated with him.” Model Tupur Chatterjee, says that Brosnan is the best. “I grew up in the 90’s so I like him the best. My favourite Bond film is Golden Eye.” But model Achla Sachdev is not so impressed with the new Bond: “I don’t like what they have done to Bond now. Updating Bond is one thing but his persona has to remain the same. Maybe it’s just that Sean Connery played him so well. I think George Clooney will make a good Bond actor though.
Bond has to be extremely good looking otherwise it’s just not the same.”

No comments:

Post a Comment